About Smart Start ChildCare
t Smart Start, we strive to provide a wide array of developmental activities to focus on the children’s emotional, social, intellectual, and physical growth. Our atmosphere provides a nurturing educational environment that supports quality learning, and positive social interactions.
Our staff is committed to the belief that all children are achievers and with positive learning environments will attribute to a strong foundation at a young age. Our philosophy of “building a strong foundation” allows our society’s precious future to become confident and to enjoy success in an atmosphere of respect and love.
Our day care providers strive to reflect strong moral values through our attitude, our staff, and our teaching. We hope you feel welcome in our learning center. It is our desire to emphasize our partnership with our families to help your child build a strong foundation, as this helps build an encouraging path between your families and ours as your child grows and develops.
Hours of Operation: 6:30am-5:30pm Monday thru Friday
The Mission of Smart Start Childcare
to serve the childcare needs of Southern Kentucky families through programs that nurture healthy growth and future academic success.
At Smart Start, we strive to provide a wide array of developmental activities to focus on the children’s growth in these areas:
Whole Child Education
At Smart Start, we focus on whole child education. Ensuring children are safe, engaged, supported, and challenged in our learning environments, we are committed to help build a well-rounded, strong foundation at an early age. Our day care providers ensure our commitment to whole child education by following these guidelines:
- Each child learns about and practices a healthy lifestyle
- Each child learns in an environment that is physically and emotionally safe for students and adults
- Each child is actively engaged in learning and is connected to the community
- Each child has access to personalized learning and is supported by qualified, caring adults
SmartStart Teachers: Enthusiasm in Action
Our teachers come from a variety of backgrounds, but all have a few things in common: love for education, a passion for teaching, and a dedication to providing the best possible experience for your children.
Smart Start teachers focus on the individual development of each and every child. Ongoing assessments of each child’s needs provide the quality programming and curriculum to meet all developmental areas. Our Smart Start teachers complete yearly trainings to continually enhance their skills and knowledge. Some of these topics include handling challenging behaviors, improving curriculum, First Aid and CPR, communicable diseases, and professionalism.
Safety & Security
Our Number One Responsibility: Your Child’s Safety
At our care center, your child’s safety is our primary concern. Here are just a few examples of the measures we take to keep your child safe.
- Our security system uses cameras and observation windows to ensure safety
- Our security system also allows our staff instant access to your child’s medical information, arrival and departure times, and the names of people authorized for drop-off and pick-up
- An exclusive electronic access system allows only authorized personnel admittance into our building
- The safety of your child extends to the regular monitoring of facilities and equipment, such as appropriate child-sized tables and chairs as well as completion of daily safety checklists
Responsibility. Healthy. Creativity. Respect. Teamwork. Kindness. Love.
These are just some of the positive traits behind our “Creating Character” program that your child will experience through a Smart Start education.
We utilize the Kelly Bear C.A.R.E.S. program, and research has proven that children develop healthy positive foundations at an early age, which leads to positive choices throughout life.
This novel approach to building character (and also emphasizing the importance of literacy) is another building block of our whole child education philosophy.
Creating Character is offered in the preschool and pre-kindergarten programs.